What you will find in Botanologio
Botanologio.com is an attempt to bring nature closer to our everyday life, disclosing the beneficial properties that offers to us. All the information, are opinions through personal experience and study, books and research, but it is not a scientific blog.
In the articles published in botanologio.com you will find useful information about the plants and herbs that grow mainly in Greece, and other scarce herbs, that were known to the western world for their beneficial properties in recent years. Starting from the healing properties of each plant, will continue with the cosmetic properties, which were known by ancient times, and the procedure for collection and drying of the herbs.
Use herbs with caution and be carefull of allergic reactions. If you are pregnant, breast feeding or suffering from a medical condition, consult your physician before using any herb. This website is not intended to treat or diagnose any illness, but to inform people about herbs and their nutrition values.
- 100 Herbs 1000 Treatments, Costas Bazaios, Nutrition and Health Publications
- Complete Guide to Medicinal Herbs, Penelope Ody
- The Green Pharmacy, James A. Duke
- Tree Planting Guide, Aromatic & Medicinal Plants, Nikolaos A. Kantartzis
- Grüne Apotheke, Jörg Grünwald, Christof Janicke
- The New Age Herbalist, Richard Mabey, Michael McIntyre, Pamela Michael, Gail Duff, John Stevens
- The Chinese Medicine Bible: The Definitive Guide to Holistic Healing, Penelope Ody
- The Complete Book of Herbs: A Practical Guide to Growing and Using Herbs, Lesley Bremness