Healing herbal wines
The wine was praised for its beneficial properties since ancient times in Greece. In ancient Greece wine had a great therapeutic use, so in this article, wine will be linked to the therapeutic and aromatic herbs and how to blend them successfully!
When the wine is consumed with moderation and is pure, it can not hurt, but instead benefit our bodies. It is no coincidence that in ancient times the wine, produced in its purest form, it was consumed dissolved in water. It is likely that you have heard of therapeutic wines.
The use can be either internal or external added to lotion or creams. The preparation is quite similar with the tincture, and with a little imagination you can make wonderful aromatic and therapeutic wines for a great variety of uses:
The therapeutic wine is easily and quickly prepared, and tastes great. The basis can be of either white or red wine, preferably sweet wine, even Mavrodafne. The manufacturing methods are two but we will mention the easy way to avoid overdose or wrong use.
Materials: You need a bottle of wine 750 ml, 2 or 3 tsp honey, herbs ( all dry or all fresh), an empty bottle of 1.5 liter, strainer and sterile gauze. Optionally, you can add to the mixture 15 to 20 raisins.
Pour the wine in the bottle of 1.5 liter and add herbs of your choice, the honey and the raisins. Stir vigorously for 20 to 30 minutes and allow to stand. Continue the same process until you see that there is no fermentation (foaming wine). Then strain it with a sterile gauze and store! For two years after the draining the wine can be consumed!
1. Therapeutic wine with cinnamon, cloves and lemon peel, ideal for cold and flu. (dosages of your choices, it is mainly heating)
2. Therapeutic wine with holm oak 25g. to fight liver disorders
3. Therapeutic wine with hawthorn for natural enhancing of the heart! You need 50g. hawthorn, 50 g. melissa and 50g. fennel seeds.
4. Therapeutic wine with artichoke, ideal diuretic and cholagogue. In white wine, add 50g. artichoke leaves.
5. Therapeutic wine to stimulate the respiratory system, with 50 g. eucalyptus, 50 g. poulmonaria 50g. linden, 50 g. sage and 50g. savory. Prefer dry red wine.
6. slight anti-aging wine with 20 g. rosemary and 10 g. chamomile! Whichever wine you choose, it will have a great taste.
Ask for additional therapeutic wine recipes!