Chlorella healing properties
Chlorella like we mention in the article about the nutritional value and its history, it is a special algae, which competes with spirulina and other important healing herbs in nutrients but also in healing properties!
Chlorella has become known mainly for its important ability to imprison and eliminate toxins and heavy metals such as chromium and arsenic. Of course, through the detoxification it offers and at the same time the nutrition of the organism, a chain of therapeutic properties follows that are important for the healthy functioning of our organism.
So, starting from its most important property, we list the therapeutic actions of chlorella:
1. Offers significant detoxification. As a result, our body is protected from air pollution, contaminated food with pollutants and pesticides, and cleanses our body. Of course, through detoxification, chlorella strengthens the immune system and protects against the formation of cancer cells and the gradual degeneration of DNA.
2. It is considered a powerful anti-cancer & strengthens the immune system, while protecting the body from the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. From the moment the
science believes that the human body creates cancer cells, through free radicals, the body’s defense is very important. Chlorella helps destroy cancer cells that are created in our body, not only through detoxification but also by providing important boosts to our immune system. In case of cancer treatment with chemotherapy or radiotherapy, chlorella again works beneficially as it prevents and treats the unpleasant side effects caused by the treatments.
3. As a dietary supplement, it helps regulate blood cholesterol. The daily consumption of the recommended amount of chlorella helps to reduce LDL and triglycerides in the blood. The reason lies mainly in the high nutritional value of chlorella, such as carotenoids and antioxidants (chlorophyll, lycopene, vitamin C, etc.) that contribute significantly to the regulation of cholesterol and heart health.
4. Contributes to weight loss. Due to its intense detoxifying action and in combination with its hormone-regulating action, chlorella significantly helps in the elimination of excess fat from the body. Improves metabolism and blood circulation, resulting in better absorption of nutrients by the body and better performance of the body so as not to store excess fat.
5. Improves brain function. Chlorella is thought to improve blood pressure and microcirculation in blood vessels, thus protecting against stroke. At the same time, it improves brain function by preventing degenerative diseases of the brain. Offers better concentration and clarity.
Due to the nutrients it contains, chlorella is considered to enhance eye health, protecting our valuable vision and reducing the risk of macular degeneration. At the same time, as we mention in weight loss, it enhances the healthy functioning of the hormonal system. There are reports of improved energy levels, overall liver health, the digestive system and several additional reports which are not scientifically proven.
Precautions for use / interactions:
Chlorella should be avoided by people taking anticoagulants. There are no studies on its safe use during pregnancy and lactation and therefore should avoided.
Possible side effects are nausea, swelling of the face or tongue, photosensitivity, fatigue, acne, dizziness and headache. Keep in mind that these are also symptoms of severe detoxification of the body, so it is important to try a small amount first, to know if these are detoxification side effects of the body or an allergy to this algae. Get chlorella from certified companies that are subject to control. If you are receiving any treatment, consult your personal physician before starting
to take any dietary supplement. Due to the strong taste, chlorella can be consumed dissolved in juice or smoothie (up to half a teaspoon for a large glass of juice), or you can choose to try tablets where the unpleasant taste is avoided.